Inside Sales Representative (Remote - Western Region)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Yelp was created to connect people with great local businesses.
As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you'll be working directly
with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals
through Yelp's various advertising programs. You'll work with small
business owners via phone to determine their needs and aspirations
and customize every sale to help make those happen. We succeed when
we help our clients grow their businesses.
Because people are at the center of everything we do, one of your
main priorities is to educate business owners about the value of
Yelp's advertising platform. In this role, you will be directly
responsible for selling advertising space on Yelp to local
businesses across the US and Canada. Success in this role is
measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently
staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride.
You'll experience all of this in a supportive virtual team
environment with the added flexibility of a remote workspace.
Please visit www.yelp.com/careers and apply to the appropriate
requisition that matches your location.
What You'll Do
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising
programs through a high volume of outbound sales calls - this role
is 100% phone based.
- Your mission is to reach as many businesses as possible. You'll
work one of the following schedules (in your local time), or as
otherwise determined by your manager: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 8:30
a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; or 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to
florists to restaurant owners- all organized in our CRM
- Say goodbye to that dreaded commute! You and your team will
work from the comfort of your home to sell advertising to small
local businesses on a set Monday to Friday schedule.
- Become an expert in Yelp's advertising solutions, and adapt
product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking
probing questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection
will be critical to your success.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals- strong
work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to
complete your daily goals- you know that sales is a numbers game
and you're here to win.
What We're Looking For in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You're keen on turning
training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement-
you don't take rejection personally.
- Multi-tasking is no biggie. You're confident in navigating
between numerous tabs, multiple screens, and using video
- You're savvy and can find your way around new tools and
software (such as Google Suite & Salesforce).
- You're naturally curious and like to ask as many questions as
it takes to find the answer.
- You're excited about being part of a team with colleagues from
other states, and you find it just as easy to chat with your
teammates during a virtual conference as an in-person meeting.
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and being a
teamplayer is important to you.
- You're an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and
persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and
possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others- you can't
wait to show everyone the value of Yelp.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with
new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an
- GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years of customer-facing experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- No fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency - we use Google Suite
and provide a Macbook laptop
- A work environment free of distractions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage
independently without oversight
- Must possess current US work authorization
Training and Development
- We offer comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing
career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that
will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close
- Gain extensive knowledge on the industry's leading CRM tool,
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for
professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every
day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales
organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible
for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which
will keep your career moving in the right direction.
Compensation and Benefits
- First year earnings range from $50k-$65k annually through a
combination of base salary and uncapped monthly sales
- Year 2 on target earnings is $70k with top performers averaging
- Starting base salary of $37k plus uncapped commission
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
(Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual
begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years
of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We
nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees
who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp's offices or participate
in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer
or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the
unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education -
and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and
perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation
of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which
include "Playing Well With Others" and "Authenticity."
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran
status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including
but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest
and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including,
for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles
based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If
you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CCPA Privacy Notice
Keywords: Yelp, Escondido , Inside Sales Representative (Remote - Western Region), Sales , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!