Facilities Technician - Full Time
Company: ReMed Recovery Care Centers, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join the excitement of a dynamic company committed to providing
exceptional neurological rehabilitation to adults with brain
injury! Learning Services, a Collage Rehabilitation Partner is
seeking a full time Facilities Technician to join our team for our
facilities in Escondido, CA. We are a growing organization
dedicated to excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our
clients and each other. We are a growing organization dedicated to
excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our clients and
each other. For more than 35 years, weve developed programs to meet
the diverse needs of clients with moderate to severe traumatic and
acquired brain injuries. We provide treatment for post-concussion
syndrome, stroke, memory loss, neurobehavioral issues and accident
or sports-related head injuries. Hourly rate $29-$31 per hour,
based on education and experience.This position is responsible for
overseeing all renovations, repairs, preventive maintenance and
construction projects for Learning Services properties. This role
holds responsibility for the overall condition and maintenance of
the companys buildings and grounds; and oversees the procurement
process and upkeep of necessary equipment and supplies. This
position also directly performs routine maintenance, repair work
and other related tasks as needed.
- Meets with the Director of Clinical Operations or designee as
needed to review and discuss specifications and goals related to
current work projects and initiatives, (e.g., scope, costs,
prioritization, timelines, etc.)
- Works with the Director of Clinical Operations or designee to
determine the best approach toward executing project plans by
assigning individual jobs to appropriate external contractors or
allocating internal resources to complete all necessary work. With
approval from Supervisor, secures two-three bids for all selected
work projects to be contracted and assists in the final selection
process. Serves as the primary company contact for external
contractors and related service providers.
- Responding to work orders and completing needed repairs
(involving carpentry, plumbing, basic electrical work, etc.).
- Be available by phone in the evenings and weekends as needed to
problem solve and resolve issues if possible.
- Performing preventative maintenance of heating and air
conditioning systems, such as flushing out systems, maintenance of
heat exchangers, cleaning filters, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks, such as painting (exterior &
interior), weather-stripping doors and windows, window/screen
repairs, install window shades and blinds, installs and removes air
conditioners and storm windows.
- Manages the work order submission process through the companys
web-based property management and maintenance system. If no system
is available, then manage the work orders by paper. Reviews the
work orders with the direct supervisor on a regular basis.
- Works with Director of Clinical Operations or designee to
respond to and evaluate emergency maintenance issues.
- Ensures all outside contractors submit current liability
insurance and sign and understand the Confidentiality Agreement for
each contracted job.
- Works with Director of Clinical Operations or designee to
ensure that all Learning Services properties and buildings are in
compliance with local city/municipality zoning ordinances and
- Monitors and assesses all activities handled by contractors and
external service providers to verify that work is managed and
performed safely, and in compliance with all applicable zoning
ordinances, building codes or other regulations (e.g., BOCA, ADA,
etc.). Directs work flow of contractors so as to ensure maximum
productivity and minimum disruption of core business processes and
- Ensures that all work performed by contractors and external
service providers is completed according to Learning Services
quality specifications and adheres to predetermined contract
requirements and/or service level agreements. Proactively
follows-up on identified problems or work deficiencies as
- Attends staff meetings, training, continuing education sessions
and in-services as requested.
- Facilitates monthly drills, completing the form and uploading
- Facilitates monthly internal inspections, completing the form
and uploading to Papersave.
- Coordinates with the Fire Marshall for annual external
inspections. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive benefit package (medical, dental, vision,
disability, 401(k) and more)
- PPE Training and Supplies Provided
- Excellent On Call System
- COVID Testing AvailableEducation & ExperienceWork experience
and advanced training in at least two of the following trades:
plumbing, electric, carpentry and painting. Good communication and
problem solving skills. A valid drivers license is
required.Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Regularly required to communicate, both orally and in writing;
occasionally required to speak on the telephone for extended
periods of time.
- Occasionally required to sit; frequently required to bend,
stoop, kneel, stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to type, grasp, handle, or
feel; reach, push or pull with hands and arms; and talk or
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to demonstrate a high degree of attention to
details, quality standards and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple
priorities and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 40% of the time spent
working in this position.
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift and or move 50 lbs.
- ReMed has determined that all staff are at risk for exposure to
potentially infectious materials based on the duties entailed in
working with clients or in an office setting. This position has
been classified as a role within the organization that may incur
occasional occupational exposure based on the jobs duties and
responsibilities.The physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the primary functions.The above is intended to describe
the general content of and requirements for the performance of this
job. It may not constitute an exhaustive statement of the essential
functions, responsibilities or requirements of the job, which are
dictated by the needs of the office, department and supervisor(s)
to whom the employee is assigned. Employment is at will.
Accordingly, ReMed may change the functions and responsibilities of
this position at any time.JTID: 2022-6306 External Company Name:
Learning Services, A Collage rehabilitation partner
Keywords: ReMed Recovery Care Centers, LLC, Escondido , Facilities Technician - Full Time, Professions , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!