Instrumentation & Controls Technician
Company: Stone Brewing Co.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Descriptions:About the CompanySapporo USA and Stone Brewing
have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in
the United States, building on the strong legacies of our
celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our
breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing
experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom
locations. Weve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and
are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing
their craft to join the team. SummaryThe Instrumentation & Controls
Technician is responsible for providing maintenance services and
repair functions to facilities and equipment to ensure safety and
that production schedules are met. This role will also manage the
maintenance of all electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments
and controls. ResponsibilitiesSafety
- Complies with safety policies and regulations. Assesses job
hazards independently. Writes and executes LOTO and other safety
- Understand and practice operational instrumentation and
electrical safety concepts and techniques
- Report safety incidents and near misses.Maintenance
- Complete and document work orders as assigned by utilizing a
Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, installing,
calibrating and maintaining instrumentation equipment including
transmitters, valves, I/P, positioners, actuators, flow meters,
tubing, conductivity, RTD, thermocouples, motors, starters,
breakers, transformers, isolation switches, relays, fuses,
resistors, AC Drives, electrical cable, conduit, receptacles, PLCs,
control panels and on-line analyzers
- Maintain instrumentation calibration schedules and
instrumentation maintenance schedules, procedures, and
- Support mechanical maintenance overhauls and repairs as
- Provide on-call support as needed.Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot existing I&C systems and utilize I&C
knowledge to assist in process and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
such as a multi-meter.
- Read, interpret and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and
schematic wiring diagrams
- Perform root cause analysis on failing systems. Reliability
- Establish new procedures where necessary to ensure reliability
- Evaluate maintenance program performance and recommend/execute
preventive maintenance routines, condition monitoring, and
predictive maintenance analytics
- Recommend spare part inventory for critical I&E
- Provide I&E training for shift team members to build
capability within the teamProject Work
- Provide support in specification and procurement of instrument
- Collaborate with technicians of other disciplines in project
meetings and during project execution and commissioning. Assist in
commissioning new systems
- Update instrumentation installation drawings, data sheets, and
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without noticeRequired
- Associates degree or certification in Instrumentation,
Industrial control / automation, or related technical discipline.
Must have a minimum of 3 years directly related experience in an
- Experience completing CMMS driven work is required
- Proficiency with automation/instrumentation systems is
- Must have strong understanding of Electrical safety, including
Arc Flash PPE and Hazardous Locations requirements.
- Must be able to read/understand Piping and Instrumentation
Drawings in order to identify instruments and control loops.
- Must be able to read control wiring loop sheets, electrical
ladder and single line diagrams. Also must be capable of redlining
- Experience with instrument calibration is required.
- Must be able to use a multi-meter to safety and effectively
troubleshoot control systems.
- Understanding of Ethernet/IP is desired. Modbus TCP knowledge a
- Knowledge and interpretation of National Electric Code,
knowledge of IEEE standards and knowledge of UL508A a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, machine schematics, and procedure
manuals, and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions and communicate outcome.Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Annual Salary Range: $64,480-$72,800
- Annual Bonus Plan: 2.5% of Annual Salary
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health &
Wellness and Career DevelopmentSapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an
equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate
against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity
or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership
in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and
Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their
qualifications for the job to be filled. Sapporo USA and Stone
Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences
are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with
various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals
are encouraged to apply.Keyword: Instrumentation & Controls
TechnicianFrom: Stone Brewing Co.
Keywords: Stone Brewing Co., Escondido , Instrumentation & Controls Technician, Professions , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!