Low Voltage Systems Designer
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The Designer participates, as directed by the supervisor, in any
modeling efforts for 3D coordination and shop drawings for
educational, institutional, commercial projects. The ideal Designer
should be self-driven, resourceful and detail oriented to manage a
high level of quality and service. Organizational skills,
flexibility and critical thinking are necessary traits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces 3D electrical drawings for field installation and
coordination with other sub-contractor trades.
- Participates in coordination meetings to resolve clashes while
maintaining budget, constructability and code requirements.
- Produces shop drawings, cross-sections of underground, conduits
and cables, as required for instructions to fabrication and
- Prepares documentation requesting clarification of original
design in the form of RFI's and follow-up responses.
- Performs verification and preparation of layout drawings to
meet contract requirements.
- Reads architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical floor
plans, section and elevations
- Confers with engineer of record and project management staff to
resolve problems and explaining drawings to production or
construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
- A minimum of 2 to 5+ years of total drafting experience
- Solid working knowledge of Autodesk software; Fluency in
Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD MEP is preferred
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction blueprints
(architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, plumbing,
electrical, and special systems)
- Understanding of electrical symbols and electrical drafting
conventions and standards.
- Knowledge of 3D coordination with other trades.
- Fluency in reading 2D and 3D plans, electronically or hard
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, this role may
require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or
stand to complete other administrative functions.
- This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
The information contained in the job description is for compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an
exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional
duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this
position and additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or
CA-San Diego (Escondido)
Florida, Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, Texas, Colorado, Washington
Keywords: Bergelectric, Escondido , Low Voltage Systems Designer, Professions , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!