Company: Stone Brewing Co.
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Stone Stone Brewing is the ninth largest
craft brewery in the United States. We brew badass beers on both
coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and
create amazing experiences at our bistro and taproom locations. We
also operate one of the nation's largest craft-centric beverage
distributors, Stone Distributing Company, serving our home region
in Southern California. We've enjoyed an incredible 25 years of
following our passion, and we are in search of people who are also
passionate about pursuing their craft to join Team Stone. Summary
The Packaging Technician position operates canning, bottling, and
kegging equipment safely and efficiently with the goal of packaging
our amazing beers of the highest quality. Responsibilities
- Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting
practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) is to be used where required.
- Understand and utilize proper lockout/tagout procedures per
- Handle chemicals according to proper safe handling
- Perform visual inspection of boxes to ensure proper box/tray is
used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable. Must ensure
proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, and kegs in
accordance with company standards.
- Must accurately fill out process quality checks to verify.
Report any major defects or quality issues to the shift lead or
- Maintain packaging lines, including starting and stopping
- Perform machine and beer line sanitation and clean in place
- Accurately complete and update information forms and logs.
- Use software package to accurately track and charge materials
to the production orders.
- Effectively communicate to warehouse personnel any and all
goods which will need to be returned to inventory if / when not
- Perform package format changeovers on equipment and production
line as required. Use of hand tools to perform changeovers may be
- Load corrugate, labels, bottles/cans/kegs, carriers etc. in
- Watch flow of materials, i.e. cans/bottles/boxes/trays/kegs,
etc. into appropriate machine and clear jams if necessary
- Monitor machines while running. Verify that all
bottles/cans/kegs are packed into boxes and on pallets
- Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production. Bale
plastic, cardboard and contaminated bottles/cans/kegs when needed;
dispose of materials when needed.
- Operate forklift in safe and efficient manner.
- Keep production area and packaging equipment sanitary by
following a Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Participate in minor to mid-level packaging projects when
- Follow all Stones policies, procedures and protocols including
- Follow 5S and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Maintain cGMP compliance.
- Proactively work with trainer and supervisory team to obtain
signoffs and operate equipment in accordance with Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Recommend changes to SOPs when corrections are needed
- Assist in training team members as needed.
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous bottle, can or keg filling experience is
preferred. Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel,
Word, and Outlook.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in
English, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel Requirements: None. Stone Brewing Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible
- Personal Beer Benefits and Team Member Discounts
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health &
Wellness and Career Development Stone Brewing is an equal
employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or
expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in
any other class protected by applicable law. Stone Brewing hires
and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job
to be filled.? Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse
staff where differences are valued and respected. Women,
minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+
and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Stone Brewing Co., Escondido , Packaging Technician, Professions , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!