Per Diem Patient Svc Rep-ESC-2nd Ave (Urgent Care)
Company: Palomar Health
Posted on: March 16, 2023
17.28 - 25.95
Hours Per Shift
Hours Per Pay Period
*Note*: This per diem position requires variable shifts Monday-Friday
The Patient Service Representative is the face of Palomar Health Medical Group. S/he is responsible for greeting & checking in patients, answering phones, documenting accurate patient information and ensuring overall patient flow. The PSR will schedule walk-in appointments, ensure accurate patient insurance information, explain billing procedures, collect co-payments, deductibles and co-insurance, prepare/file patient forms, and process medical records.
* With a friendly disposition and tone, greets and checks in patients when they arrive to the office and/or guides patient through self-service kiosks.
* Maintains a high-level of customer service with patients and their family members, staff, and providers.
* Answers heavy volume of calls internally and incoming calls from referring providers; resolves call queries promptly.
* Ensures patient completes required forms, obtains necessary signatures, and accurately enters patient information for registration.
* At time of service, ensures all insurance, personal and health information is verified. Scans insurance card and ID into patient's file.
* Responsible for out-bound calling regarding missed appointments, to follow-up with tasked messages, outreach, Medicare wellness visit scheduling, TransactRx authorizations and Arch-to-Arch. Graybill and SCMG referrals.
* Ensures smooth patient flow by monitoring daily scheduling, scanning lobby for waiting patients, and following-up with Back Office staff as needed. Straightens lobby area to ensure a positive and professional environment for patients.
* Collects patient insurance co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles, and prior balances as well as explains payment policy/billing procedures and patient financial responsibility.
* Prepares and files patient forms while protecting patient personal health information according to HIPAA requirements.
* Balances daily monies and receipts, ensures accuracy of batch summaries, and creates deposits.
* Makes recommendations to improve processes and procedures with a focus on improving patient flow, patient satisfaction, and quality.
* Monitors, manages, and routes patient portal messages.
* Serves as department receptionist for outside vendors and contractors.
* Completes other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED, and minimum one year of experience in a customer service position, preferably in a medical practice setting. Working knowledge of contracted insurances, patient benefits, and third party requirements preferred. Experience answering telephones and computer proficiency required.Job Requirements
Minimum Education: Preferred Education: Minimum Experience: Preferred Experience: Required Certification: Preferred Certification: Required License: Preferred License:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Palomar Health, Escondido , Per Diem Patient Svc Rep-ESC-2nd Ave (Urgent Care), Other , Escondido, California
here to apply!