Company: Montefino Ventilator Training
Posted on: January 14, 2023
The Respiratory Care Practitioner (aka Respiratory Therapist or RT)
with Montefino does more than provide essential direct medical care
to their patients. Our RTs have smaller patient caseloads, in some
cases working with a single patient at the assigned facility on a
given shift. This allows RTs to apply their skills in more direct
and intentional ways to contribute toward positive patient
outcomes. RTs build meaningful relationships with the patient's
loved ones, their care team, and most importantly, the patient to
foster positive impacts on their daily lives.
Montefino RTs follow established standards and procedures, provide
supervision, care, support, and training to individuals with
Developmental Disabilities. The position provides critical
assistance to individuals with ADL's (activities of daily living).
Effective RTs are organized, analyze situations accurately, take
effective action, diligently follow directions, and communicate
clearly and effectively. They possess knowledge of the
industry/field, applicable state/federal laws (e.g. Title 17 & 22),
and associated organizations and agencies (e.g. Regional Centers,
Dept. of Social Services, Dept. of Development Services, State
Council on Developmental Services, etc.). Successful candidates are
enthusiastic in their efforts to expand upon their technical
knowledge (e.g. dual Diagnosis, Individual Program Plans, emergency
protocols, etc.), advocate for their patients, and are consummate
RTs maintain a safe, clean, and therapeutic environment that
ensures respect, dignity, protects privacy, rights, and
physical/emotional well-being to all residents. The RT possesses
skills in organization, time management and analytical problem
solving. Clear and effective written and verbal communication,
interpersonal skills, multi-tasking, critical thinking and active
listening skills and essential to success.
Include but are not limited to:
- Set up and operate devices such as mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of
- Provide emergency care, including artificial respiration,
external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and
duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and
dosages, compatible with physicians' orders.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as
vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and
consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Read prescription, measure arterial blood gases, and review
patient information to assess patient condition.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health
care professionals to manage patient care.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to
- Maintain charts that contain patients' pertinent identification
and therapy information.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment
to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering
repairs when necessary.
- Educate residents and their families about their conditions and
teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing
exercises and the use of medications and respiratory
- Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation
and allay fears.
- Perform bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct
patients in performance of breathing exercises.
- Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to trainees and other
health care personnel.
- Make emergency visits to resolve equipment problems.
- Provide supervision and guidance for residents during skills
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans for
- Assist with daily living activities, including preparing meals
and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Develop a rapport with residents and cultivate a safe and
- Update resident case notes on a daily basis.
- Ensure an appropriate staff-to-client ratio at all
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Possess (and maintain) a current Respiratory
License/Credentials from an accredited body. Preferred types
include Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT); Certified
Respiratory Therapist (CRT); CA Respiratory Care Practitioner
- 1+ years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist or similar
role is desired, but not required.
- Possess a current driver license with a clean driving record
and the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Possess a service-oriented mindset with genuine passion to
provide care for others.
- Possess knowledge of the field and best practices. This
includes, but is not limited to, concepts such as: Methods of
oxygen delivery and possible side effects; Laws regulating the
field/patient populations and regulatory entities; Proper
sanitation and other care procedures, etc.
- Employees must be able to actively pursue continuing education
to maintain current knowledge of their field.
- Possess clear and effective communication skills, both written
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to consistently follow detailed and precise
instructions for delivery of care and proper use of associated
- Ability to read and understand written materials, including
- Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to be an
active listener, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate empathy
and care in interactions with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects with a high degree of
accuracy in a fast passed environment with shifting demands and
- Effective computer skills, including proficiency with standard
office programs/applications and the ability to quickly learn new
ones (i.e. scheduling software, email tools, etc.).
- Ability to receive and digest constructive feedback in a
positive and mature fashion.
- Schedule Availability: Shift length can vary but are generally
12 hours (day and night shifts). Availability on weekends and
holidays is required. Overtime opportunities may be available.
- COVID-19 Precautions: Personal protective equipment provided as
required; Temperature screenings; Sanitizing, disinfecting, or
cleaning procedures in place.
- Location: This position is an onsite position at care
facilities in Escondido, CA. RTs may be assigned at shifts at other
facilities in the area.
- Employment Type: Part Time and Per Diem
- Compensation: $34.00 to $38.00 per hour, final rate based on
- Benefits: Company-sponsored 401(k) + employer match and Sick
About the Company
Montefino Ventilator Training is committed to providing superior
quality and unparalleled patient care and customer service in all
aspects of our business. We believe each employee is a critical
contributor to the overall success and growth of our Company. We
strive to ensure each of our team members is set up for success in
their role. As a valued member of our team, employees are expected
to work cooperatively with colleagues and partners to enable
Montefino to provide the highest level of service possible.
Employee creativity, diligence, and productivity is encouraged and
supported. We believe in treating others fairly and honestly while
demonstrating empathy and respect to everyone in our community.
Montefino Ventilator Training is proud to be an inclusive
organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that
diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our
success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool.PI201212737
Keywords: Montefino Ventilator Training, Escondido , Respiratory Therapist, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!