ASES Group Leader
Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDEPARTMENT/PROJECT OVERVIEWThe Boys & Girls Clubs
of Greater San Diego (BGCGSD or Clubs) CHANGES LIVES through
quality programs and guidance in a safe, affordable and fun
environment. BGCGSDs mission is to inspire and enable youth to
achieve academic success, build good character and responsible
citizenship and make healthy lifestyle choices. We have been
providing a safe, fun and positive environment at our sites with
trained and dedicated professional staff for over 75 years. Members
are involved in age-appropriate activities based upon our three
priority outcomes of Academic Success, Character Development and
Healthy Lifestyles.POSITION OVERVIEW Under the direct supervision
of the Site Supervisor, the After School Education and Safety
(ASES) Group Leader will provide virtual and classroom instruction,
assistance and tutoring to students in the after school program,
and will lead engaging culturally rich academic, enrichment, and
recreation activities. In groups of approximately 10 to 20 youth
(depending on the current guidelines), in various recreational and
developmental activities in multiple areas. Group Leaders will
provide opportunities for students to develop and strengthen
academic, physical, and social skills through high yield learning
- Must be able to work within program hours: Monday through
Friday from 6:00 am - 8:00 am and/or 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures programs and activities adhere to current health and
- Assist with the development of a virtual online program.
- Be aware of current safety protocols that are being adhered to:
adults and youth are wearing face coverings, social distancing,
frequent hand washing, etc.
- Perform various administrative tasks, including answering
- Supervises members in program area; continually monitor and
supervise the safety and behavior of members; maintaining a safe,
positive atmosphere; implement discipline techniques and classroom
- Demonstrates positive values and ethical behavior through
program quality and appearance of the Club at all times.
- Lead organized learning activities for students to develop and
strengthen their academic, physical, and social skills.
- Participates as an active, positive team member with
supervisor, other staff, volunteers and members at all times by
- Develop culturally relevant daily lesson plans and
- As needed, differentiate lessons and activities so they are
appropriate to students with various abilities.
- Coordinates assigned program services and cooperative learning
activities for youth that are both fun and instructional.
Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and
- Effectively plan and lead programs, services and a variety of
activities for members; promotes and stimulates program
participation. Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Responsible for daily set-up and clean-up of all materials used
during the program.
- Ensures equipment is in good condition, with safety precautions
posted (where needed) and members instructed in proper and safe use
- Maintains accurate program attendance records and submits them
in a timely manner.
- Assess facility needs and perform janitorial duties or manual
labor as needed mopping, cleaning tables, trash removal, painting,
playing games, moving equipment, etc.
- Displays a high level of enthusiasm and commitment for
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or
- A minimum of 48 units of college curriculum or completion of
the Classroom Assistant Proficiency Exam (CAPE) required; or a
combination of knowledge and experience.
- Two (2) years experience working directly with school aged
youth and knowledge of youth development preferred.
- Experience using communication tools like Zoom and Skype
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth;
instruct, coach and direct varied activities.
- Skill to implement and supervise a positive learning
environment, incorporating academics, enrichment and recreation;
motivate and engage youth and manage behavioral challenges with
- Proficient computer skills Microsoft Office, email, internet
research, social media navigation.
- Possess skills for instruction, direction and guidance, with
the ability to lead and control groups of children in various
recreational and educational activities and settings.
- Respond according to procedure for emergency and disciplinary
- Ability to effectively communicate with youth, parents, staff,
volunteers, and community partners.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Must have the ability to be active and on your feet for a
minimum of five hours each day and complete other essential
functions of the position and other duties as assigned.Special
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and
- Occasional weekend and evenings in support of fundraising
events, committee meetings, trainings and activities.
- Clear TB test as required by school district.
- CPR & First Aid Certification.BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Paid vacation (after 12 months), and sick leave
- Discounted Club membership
- Professional Development The information presented is intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT The BGCGSD prohibits discrimination
against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race,
religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status,
genetic information or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. BGCGSD is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, Escondido , ASES Group Leader, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!