Dog Daycare Attendant at Bark + Boarding Escondido
Company: Bark + Boarding Escondido
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDaycare AttendantReports to: Shift Leader,
Daycare Supervisor, Front Desk Supervisor, General ManagerPosition
Status: Part Time or Full Time (including weekends and
holidays)Wage: $15/hourDog Daycare Attendant is a learned job. You
will not be expected to be able to perform any of the following job
duties without first going through a training period. In addition,
we are always learning from each other and from the dogs, and
experiencing daycare first-hand is the best way to learn dog
behavior and to become comfortable with acceptable types of play.
You will never be asked or expected to do anything for which you
are not fully trained and comfortable. As a Daycare Attendant at
Bark+Boarding, you will be responsible for supervising play in our
busy dog daycare program. Much of the job involves monitoring play
while being aware of various play styles and ensuring that all dogs
are safe, stress-free, and having fun. You will also be expected to
help maintain a clean play space for the dogs by watching for,
picking up, and properly disposing of any waste. You will help
dispense food during meal times, and may be asked to administer
medications. Daycare is an interactive play environment and carries
some inherent risks, both to the dogs and to the staff. Our #1
priority here is safety, and the daycare team plays an integral
role in keeping everyone (dog + human) free from harm. You will be
expected to be able to recognize a potential problem before it
escalates, and to know how to quickly and carefully break up any
situation. Although fights in the daycare are rare, if one does
happen you will be expected to involve yourself without
hesitation.Additional responsibilities: We are a small business and
therefore everyone is expected to help with other tasks when
needed. Other things which you may be asked to help with include
cleaning, taking boarding dogs outside, feeding meals to boarding
dogs, bathing dogs, and general housekeeping around the building
such as sweeping or mopping. Physical Requirements: This job
includes prolonged standing and walking. You must be able to move
quickly in the event of a fight. This job includes occasional
lifting (up to 50 pounds) and frequent bending. Qualifications:
- Compassion towards all living creatures and the willingness to
put it into action.
- Be able to follow schedules and instructions.
- Have access to a smart device (email and/or cell phone).
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be comfortable being in large groups (packs) of dogs.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Previous work experience demonstrating dependability.
- Previous experience providing animal care (personal or job
- Self motivated, independent worker.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and proven problem solving
skills.Primary Duties:Dog Handling
- Interact with dogs in playgroups using appropriate tools to
ensure safe levels of play and minimizing stress levels of all dogs
- Maintain visual observation of dogs at all times and spread
attention and play among all dogs in playgroup.
- Control level of play by following dog management and control
procedures and instructions provided by management and
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management
- Use proper dog introduction procedures.
- Use appropriate praise and dog correction methods. Dog & Zone
- Ensure you know all dogs in playgroup and can properly identify
them. If not, request assistance from other staff or
- Assist Shift Leaders and Supervisors with Evaluations. Remain
in the Main Zone to ensure the safety of the main pack while the
Shift Leader and/or Supervisor are in the Evaluation zone.
- Watch all new dogs carefully and immediately consult with
supervisors if you have concerns.
- Maintain playroom as instructed per the posted open and closing
checklists. Communication & Team Building
- For all dogs in playgroup, report any unusual behavior, or
eliminations and injuries to shift leader and supervisors
- Ensure that all staff that relieve you for break or shift
change know all of the dogs in the group, know the special needs
dog status and any unusual behaviors or concerns you have been
managing during your shift.
- Review information on the whiteboard in the Main Zone with
Shift Leader before start of shift and comply with
- Complete dog incident reports in a timely manner when required.
If you are not sure whether a report is required check with
management or supervisors.
- Ability to work cohesively with your team in a respectful and
- Maintains a positive attitude and demeanor in all aspects of
their position including room management and customer service.
- Takes their own development as a personal responsibility and
uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher
standard of performance. Cleaning Duties
- Complete general cleaning duties as posted or assigned
- Scoop dog waste immediately and dispose of it as
- Mop up accidents immediately
- Dust mopping/wet mopping floors as needed/assigned.
- Removing trash from trash bins and placing into outside
- Disinfect inside/outside area
- Changing/Laundering bedding
- Cleaning water bowls, food bowls, crates, etc. Available shifts
and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week.
Compensation is $15.00/hour.About BarkandBoarding: Are you
interested in helping others? Are you committed to personal and
compassionate client and pet care? Bark + Boarding, a fast-growing
pet care company located in Baileys Crossroads, VA, Want to join a
team that has been awarded The Washington Post's Top Workplaces
Award multiple times as well as Smart CEO Magazine's Corporate
Culture award twice!By applying to this job, you agree to receive
periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your
pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and
Keywords: Bark + Boarding Escondido, Escondido , Dog Daycare Attendant at Bark + Boarding Escondido, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!