Supervisor of Patient Services
Company: Valley Radiology Consultants
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Job Details Job Title: Supervisor of Patient
Services Reports To: Director of Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective: 10/15/2021 Summary Established in 1971, Valley Radiology
Consultants offers an advanced array of diagnostic imaging and pain
management through our locations in San Diego County. Our board
certified radiologists are accompanied by technologists and support
staff committed to providing you high-quality care.Mission
Statement Excellence in diagnostic imaging services focused on
uncompromised patient care, referring physician satisfaction and
commitment to the community we serve. Vision V - Value R - Respect
C - CommunicationC - Customer ServiceA - AccountabilityR -
ReliabilityE - ExcellenceS – ServicePosition StatementThis position
supervises, leads, and mentors a team of Patient Service
Representatives providing quality support to the patients of Valley
Radiology Consultants. Oversight of daily operations of the imaging
center. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment,
demonstrates the value of the positive patient experience while
leading a team to excellence. Position Functions Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the daily site operations to include, but not limited
to: opening, scheduling, assignment of tasks, training, safety,
technical support, supply inventory oversight, mentoring, closing
and performance management of staff.
- Performs quality assurance audits and works towards consistency
and standardization of company / site procedures.
- Assists in the management of site resources / budget.
- Keeps abreast of current policies, practices and procedures.
Provides guidance and support to staff in the general
implementation of policies, practices and procedures to site
- Proactively assists in urgent situations requiring immediate
decision making. Seeks supervisory input in decisions as deemed
- Assists in the staff schedule design to meet the positive
employee and patience experience of the site. Arranges for coverage
during routine and non-routine absences of site employees.
Monitors, evaluates, and approves employee timecards each pay
- Attends interviews; conducts training; assigns tasks and
monitors work performance; assists with writing and delivering of
performance appraisals; recommends and administers disciplinary
action; recommends termination of employees and engages and retains
a high performing, accountable workforce.
- Provides site orientation and training.
- Monitors workflows and ensures benchmarks are met. Provides a
written, solution focused, plan of correction for missed metric
- Maintains inventory of office and medical supplies.
Orders/reorders supplies based on need using approved vendors and
- Acting as the Department Manager, as assigned, in the absence
of this position.
- Engages in all Patient Services Representative functions, as
needed, to ensure the smooth and timely service to VRC
- Communicates with customers including clinical and non-clinical
staff, physicians and leadership to assist in managing site
- Provides appropriate resolution to patient satisfaction. Job
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience working in an administrative
role in a clinical setting specific to: Order Processing, Insurance
Authorization, Insurance Eligibility, Electronic Health Record
Usage, and Patient Scheduling.
- At least 6 months of Leadership experience to include training,
performance management, counseling, and retaining an engaged and
- Intermediate user of MS Office and an Electronic Health Record.
- Work is in a controlled environment and involves some exposure
to moderate risk of accident. Physical Demand
- Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by
bending spine at waist.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders or stairs using feet
and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Moderate Carrying / Lifting: Physically transporting, raising
items from a lower to a higher position, or moving objects
horizontally weighing 15 to 44 pounds from one location to
- Mobility Requirement: Ability to get from one office location
- Reaching above shoulder: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, fingers, and/or
upper body for sustained periods of time, including using
extremities to drag, push, pull or grasp.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot, particularly for long
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read computer screens,
detect color coding, etc.
- Hearing Requirement: Able to detect specific noises, proper
equipment operation. Flexible based on the hours of operation of
clinic. Hours may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Keywords: Valley Radiology Consultants, Escondido , Supervisor of Patient Services, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!