Machinery Service Tech 2 (Rentals)
Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: May 8, 2022
With very little or no supervision, will perform duties as assigned
by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of
equipment in the service shop of field, in a safe, efficient and
capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary, and
without re-work. This position requires work to be completed within
110% of any Flat Rate times that are established as targets by
- Perform all requirements outlined in Grade Levels III and
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems
and components for proper operation in arrangement application
based on theory of design.
- Perform new and used equipment start-up for delivery to
- Conduct customer training in proper use of Caterpillar
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar,
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Six (6) years experience in the repair of Caterpillar
- Expert working knowledge of hydraulics and power trains.
- Proficient in the repairs of electrical and electronic
- High school diploma or equivalent or can provide verification
of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to
heavy equipment repairs.
- Must have valid Driver's License with a good record
- Shop Requirements: Valid California Class "C" driver's
- Field Requirements: Valid California Class "B" driver's
license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose
hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on
- NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or
lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Seizes helps or works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain
repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for
safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive
communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and
- Physical Strength: Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with
variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat Participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Equipment, Repair,
Diesel Engines, Caterpillar, CAT, Cat, Cat Dealer, Tractor, Travel,
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Escondido , Machinery Service Tech 2 (Rentals), Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!