Yard Coordinator - Rental
Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: May 8, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service
Manager, this position exists to ensure the timely Return to Rent
Ready of all inbound returned rentals. Includes all elements of the
R2R process including prepping of outbound units scheduled for
- Perform equipment fueling and inspections when equipment enters
the yard. Prepare equipment for rental and staging. Will be asked
to perform all yard functions at times including washing
- Responsible to communicate inbound equipment statuses and
conditions in an effort to achieve prompt rental invoicing.
- Perform the following environmental inspections. Hazmat,
hazwaste, storm water compliance, daily forklift inspections.
- Anticipates rental order needs such as bucket and work tool
sizes and types.
- Keeps yard neat, clean, and organized. First line of
communication on all yard traffic policies and adherence to speed
- Assists branch manager with communicating to customers all
Hawthorne safety practices and requirements.
- Assists walk in and will call customers with rental needs such
as unloading and unhitching equipment.
- Will need to be able to operate all rental and yard equipment
safely throughout the yard as needed.
- Determines equipment condition upon return and reports any
damage or repair work necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating actions,
accomplishing related results as needed, and maintains a safe work
- On occasion may assist facilities maintenance and building
- Will need to operate and understand CAT Inspect or other types
of digital photo or inspection related programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid California Class "C" Driver's License with a
good driving record.
- Must be able to be Forklift Certified within 30 days of
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have good communication skills and business
- Ability to multi task.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking: Moves about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers parts weighing up to 60lbs.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk for minimal amount of time.
- Climbing: Climbing on and off forklifts.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temp/Weather: Works in both inside and outside all weather
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Escondido , Yard Coordinator - Rental, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!