CT Technologist (Regular, Full Time)
Company: Valley Radiology Consultants Medical Group Inc
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job Description Job Details Job Title: CT Technologist Reports
To: Director of Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Effective:
12/30/2021Summary Established in 1971, Valley Radiology Consultants
offers an advanced array of diagnostic imaging and pain management
through our locations in San Diego County. Our board certified
radiologists are accompanied by technologists and support staff
committed to providing you high-quality care.Mission
StatementExcellence in diagnostic imaging services focused on
uncompromised patient care, referring physician satisfaction and
commitment to the community we serve.VisionV - Value R - Respect C
- CommunicationC - Customer ServiceA - AccountabilityR -
ReliabilityE - ExcellenceS – ServicePosition StatementThis position
performs Computed Tomography and Radiological exams. Assists team
members and physicians with any/all procedures, ensuring the
comfort and the safety of the patient. The position requires
acquisition of high quality images, produce and maintain data for
quality management, excellent customer service skills and the
exercise of mature and independent judgment. POSITION FUNCTION
STATEMENTSPosition duties and other important
responsibilities/duties may include, but are not limited to, the
following:Position FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ensures operation of radiology and Computerized tomography
equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains Radiology and CT supply inventory by checking stock
to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn VRC computer systems
operations is essential. (MI, PACS, etc.)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and continuing
education workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing
explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological/CT procedures by positioning
patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into
specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing
radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices,
patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols
in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media,
administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographic and/or CT
images by following established standards and procedures. Develops
radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as
needed. Job Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year of clinical and practical experience.
- Successful completion of AMA Accredited School of Radiologic
Technology. Completion of venipuncture course.
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS - required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT
- Certified Radiologic Technologist - CRT required
- Venipuncture Certification required
- Must maintain all required licenses and certifications.
Advanced certification by ARRT in CT is desirable.
- Ability to travel to sites in Poway or Escondido in a timely
- Proven knowledge of computer applications, Electronic Health
Records, and other applicable computer programs. Work Environment
- Work is in a controlled environment and involves some exposure
to moderate risk of accident or exposure. Physical Demand
- Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by
bending spine at waist.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders or stairs using feet
and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Moderate Carrying / Lifting: Physically transporting, raising
items from a lower to a higher position, or moving objects
horizontally weighing 20 to 44 pounds from one location to
- Mobility Requirement: Ability to get from one office location
- Reaching above shoulder: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, fingers, and/or
upper body for sustained periods of time, including using
extremities to drag, push, pull or grasp.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot, particularly for long
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read computer screens,
detect color coding, etc.
- Hearing Requirement: Able to detect specific noises, proper
equipment operation.Weekday - daytime, evening hours desiredWeekend
- Saturday / Sunday day time availability desired
Keywords: Valley Radiology Consultants Medical Group Inc, Escondido , CT Technologist (Regular, Full Time), Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!