Medical Assistant - On Demand
Company: Neighborhood Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
The Medical Assistant-On Demand works to support the mission and
vision of Neighborhood Healthcare by providing excellent
patient-centered care and services within a dynamic team
To achieve these ends, the Medical Assistant-On Demand supports
Providers and ensures efficient patient-centered care by
demonstrating and living the company values: Compassion, Above &
Beyond, Generosity, Integrity, and Teamwork.
The Medical Assistant-On Demand's job responsibilities and
performance expectations generally fall into the following
categories: Virtual Patient Care, Laboratory Support, Provider &
Team Support, and Clinical Administration.
PROVIDER AND TEAM SUPPORT
The Medical Assistant-On Demand anticipates the needs of the
Provider and proactively solves problems to support the team.
Example duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates Provider's workflow to ensure efficient patient
- Ensures Provider has all pertinent information required for
each patient visit including diagnostic images, labs and required
- Assists other Providers and Care Teams in departments such as
women's health, pediatrics and general medicine.
- The Medical Assistant-On Demand provides timely patient
communication and clinical documentation. Example duties include,
but are not limited to:
- Utilizes electronic health records to order, process and
document clinical treatment plans for patient as directed by the
- Conveys information to patient via telephone/Video visit or
email under the direction of a Provider or Registered Nurse.
- Provides patient with requested documents after review to
ensure forms are complete, accurate and executed by the
- Maintain professional working relationship with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives.
- Follow all safety procedures as outlined in Neighborhood
Healthcare's Illness and Injury Prevention Plan (IIPP) and report
any injuries and/or unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer
information and access such information only on a need to know
basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report all behaviors and/or activities that
are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
- Sitting, Stands and stretches every 45 minutes regularly.
- Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Picking up, fine hand manipulation, typing or otherwise
working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as
- Grasping; applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling, Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking, Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing; Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Medium work; Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects. The worker is required to have
close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and
analyzing data and figures.
- Transcribing; viewing a computer terminal with dual screens;
extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small
parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using
measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at
distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
- High School Diploma or GED.
- MA certificate from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience may be required.
- Knowledge of Familiar with medical procedures and terminology.
Proficient in an electronic health records system experience
- Intermediate computer and data entry skills. Use sound judgment
to anticipate needs.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and multiple
time sensitive deadlines. Use emotional and cultural intelligence
to provide appropriate communication and patient care. Exemplify
compassion to patients and team members.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Farsi, or English/Arabic may
be required. (Must be able to pass Language Proficiency Test)
Keywords: Neighborhood Healthcare, Escondido , Medical Assistant - On Demand, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!