Speech Language Pathologist, SLP - Per Diem - Meadowbrook Village - Escondido, CA
Company: Therapy Specialists/ Susan J Harris Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Currently seeking a Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist for
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Escondido, CA!
Therapy Specialists is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to
work Per Diem at a beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community
in Escondido, CA. Meadowbrook Village is a 5-Star Christian
Retirement Community that provides services across the continuum of
care in skilled nursing, as well as campus-based outpatient and
in-home services for residents in assisted and independent
We are looking for a SLP-CCC with flexible availability to work
across the continuum of care with patients and residents at the
campus. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with
multi-disciplinary rehab teams that are passionate about helping
patients achieve their goals and return to life's activities that
are most meaningful to them.
- An active Speech Language Pathologist License (SLP) in
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Skilled Nursing or Senior Living
experience is preferred.
- Ability to float from Skilled Nursing to provide outpatient and
in-home services to residents on campus in assisted and independent
- Understanding and use of a wide variety of assessment tools
such as SLUMS, MASA, MOCA, and RIPA.
- Casamba EMR experience is preferred.
- LSVT Certification is preferred.
- PDPM knowledge and experience working with Medicare Part B
patients is preferred.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Screening, evaluating, and providing treatment in skilled
nursing, outpatient, and assisted & independent living in the
following areas: expressive and receptive aphasia,
cognitive-linguistic deficits, dysphasia, and dysarthria.
- Providing caregiver and family training, as needed.
- Effectively communicating with other disciplines, nursing,
physicians, and families.
- Completing thorough documentation in multiple EMR systems and
managing paperwork efficiently with independence.
- Providing excellent customer service and patient care.
Why Therapy Specialists?
Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a nationally respected
pioneer in rehab services and recipient of the 2018 OTAC Lifetime
Achievement Award, Therapy Specialists is San Diego's largest
independent therapy provider - providing comprehensive
rehabilitation programs and consulting services to skilled nursing
facilities, independent and assisted living communities, memory
care facilities, adult day health, and outpatient settings
We deliver our associates a culture of collaboration, support,
opportunity and recognition, so they can reach their potential and
deliver the best possible care to our patients and partners. We are
looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Speech
Language Pathologist who is interested in collaborating with a
multi-disciplinary team of therapists and providing outstanding
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 401(k) plan
- State-of-the-art equipment
- 5-Time Award Recipient of "Best Places to Work"
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts
in going 'above and beyond'
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's
Therapy Specialists supports and values the uniqueness of all
individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is
embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action / Disability / Vets Employer.
Keywords: Therapy Specialists/ Susan J Harris Inc., Escondido , Speech Language Pathologist, SLP - Per Diem - Meadowbrook Village - Escondido, CA, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!