Company: Baker Electric
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Baker Electric is in need of an Accounts Payable Supervisor!
The Accounts Payable Supervisor at Baker Electric, Inc. will
manage and develop the Accounts Payable team by
identifying and implementing automation technology and process
efficiencies for accurate and timely processing of invoices,
disbursements, month end closings, and other functions of accounts
payable. In addition, the team member will be expected to play a
significant role in the month end close accounting procedures and
analysis of budget to actual variances as well as assist with our
annual budgeting process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Manage the Accounts Payable function and team, including vendor
relations and the AP disbursement team, which handles all check
disbursements, 1099 and sales/use tax return
- Partner with Human Resources to hire, train, develop and
performance manage AP team members.
- Performs hands-on data entry of overhead invoices and Purchase
Order Invoice receiving.
- Ensures invoices are charged to the appropriate accounts, jobs
and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording
- Process all debit memos to ensure company policies are
- Develop, implement, document and maintain processes, procedures
and policies, related to the Accounts Payable function and ensure
adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage the monthly close of Accounts Payable in an accurate and
timely manner, ensuring adherence to the prescribed financial
- Support the Project Managers and Operational staff in a
collaborative manner by responding to financial questions/concerns
to meet the various business needs.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing
system reports to balances; review and approve all Accounts Payable
- Responsible for the cash disbursements cycle; capitalizing on
all discount opportunities; helping to resolve Purchase Order,
contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
ensuring credit is received for outstanding debit memos;
coordinating stop-payments and purchase order modifications.
- Process employee expense reports and ensure proper approvals
are in place.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements and related
- Review and analyze budget vs. actual variances relating to
divisional overhead GL accounts.
- Reconcile balance sheet GL accounts at month end close.
- Maintain historical records by scanning documents to the ERP
- Q3 & Q4 budget preparation assistance (includes researching YTD
activity), data entry and imports into budget software.
- Protect the organization; ensuring information remains
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree is
- 5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- 2+ years of experience directly supervising a team of 1-4
people a plus.
- Experienced indirectly leading and teaching others
- Proven Job Cost experience.
- Construction industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic payment processing, vendor releases,
and California sales & use tax regulations.
- Proficient to advanced skills in MS Office Suite applications
(Outlook, Excel, Word) and accounting software.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Standard office environment. Individual will frequently be
required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally may have
to lift boxes full of materials for purposes of setup of programs,
typically 25 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race,
religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual
orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era
Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation, or
belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and
maintaining an inclusive environment.
The information contained in the job description is for
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is
not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position.
Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently
holding this position and additional duties may be assigned by the
Supervisor or his/her designee.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Keywords: Baker Electric, Escondido , AP Supervisor, Other , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!