Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join this fast-growing game development studio in Escondido, CA
(Metro San Diego) developing industry leading games.
GAME SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Develop code for browser-based HTML5 online casino gaming
- Design game engine extensions and custom user interface code to
accommodate new features and functionality.
- Work with game design to implement visual and audio assets, set
up complex animation systems and tune game event timing.
- Implement and verify functionality of underlying math
framework; ensure regulatory compliance for all behaviors and game
- Ensure solid device-independent stability with consistent
behaviors across all platforms and layouts.
- Contribute to common code libraries, perform code reviews and
participate in establishing functional requirements for new engine
features and components. -
In addition, a Software Engineer must: -
- Participate actively with all members of the product
development team to develop game designs into published online
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to adopt new tools, techniques
and procedures in a challenging and rapidly-evolving business
- Work within and around application limitations to develop
compelling and polished game content. - Contribute to technical and
creative problem-solving sessions.
- Accurately estimate the time required to complete tasks, manage
time effectively and meet all project deadlines while delivering
consistently high-quality, error-free code that adheres to defined
- Proactively maintain communication with off-site partners and
contribute ideas organization-wide for improving processes and
developing tools, engine/game features, and shared library
codebases. - Work with QA, design and automation team members to
ensure functional requirements are met and fully tested.
- Possess strong self-management skills. - Ability to own and see
through tasks to polished completion without extensive oversight. -
Show initiative in taking on new tasks and projects and in managing
communications with stakeholders. -
- Degree or diploma in software development or proven success as
a senior software engineer in an national/global gaming company.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development with
multiple shipped titles / projects. - Video or casino gaming
experience highly desired.
- Solid development experience using -HTML5, XML, JSON,
- Proficient in and passionate about object oriented programming
and the application of OO patterns.
- Effective technical leader with ability to assist with project
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight
- Excellent working knowledge in use of development frameworks,
libraries and agile methodologies.
- Proficiency Unit Testing and Automation a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
attention to detail and ability to document technical requirements.
Note that all applicants are required to pass an engineering
assessment test as part of the interview process.
This three-studio software engineering company is quickly becoming
known as a leading creative developer of online mobile casino
games. - With no legacy or corporate entity to serve, this company
is embracing leading technologies to deliver new and innovative
experiences. - Their customers are shifting work from other studios
to them as their games are achieving faster market penetration,
higher user satisfaction and superior quality. - They recruit for
attitude and aptitude. - They believe the right people will employ
their passion for gaming to create great product with minimal
supervision/overhead which is the inspiration behind their small
distributed studio approach to growth. -You owe it to yourself to
see this amazing alternative to corporate and indie game
Keywords: QDStaff, Escondido , Game Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!