Laboratory Assistant (On-call Variable shift in San Marcos, CA)
Location: Pauma Valley
Posted on: March 8, 2023
To perform venipuncture and skin puncture and pre-analytical
steps of laboratory testing.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Selects the appropriate phlebotomy technique relative to the
age and physical maturation of the patient. Assesses the quality of
blood to be drawn from the patient based on the patient's age,
physical maturation and the test or study to be performed. Performs
venipuncture, finger stick or heel stick as required, proficiently
on patients of all ages
- Properly labels sample(s) and transports to laboratory or
Clinical Laboratory as required.
- Performs the pre-analytical phase of testing by bar coding,
centrifuging, separating, logging, culturing and staining of
bacteriological specimens. Monitors and maintains appropriate
inventory of supplies and reagents. Prepares and instructs patient
and performs diagnostic EKG procedures in the outpatient setting as
- Download EKG orders and transmits results via MUSE (analog
- Perform computer and device maintenance or cleaning and
troubleshooting as needed.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with
the public, patients and other personnel. Performs other duties as
required including checking in patients collecting appropriate
revenue, accessioning test orders and giving preparation
instructions to patients. Handles difficult patients in a
professional manner. Displays professionalism at all times, both in
attitude and appearance. Follows directives from all supervisors,
leads and seniors
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Six (6) months phlebotomy experience in an acute care medical
center or non-acute care setting.
- One (1) year Clinical Lab or equivalent military
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.Education
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.License, Certification,
- Valid Phlebotomist Certification. -A valid certification is
defined as issued under the New California State Phlebotomy
Technician I and II Certification Law.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties/responsibilities of
the job at a full satisfactory performance level.
- Relevant college courses in the life sciences.Job Schedule: Job
Keywords: Kaiser, Escondido , Laboratory Assistant (On-call Variable shift in San Marcos, CA), Healthcare , Pauma Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...