Health and Wellness Registered Nurse - NCSH Residential
Company: HEALTHRIGHT 360
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job OverviewWorks with the Health and Wellness team as part of
the Addiction Medicine Team and in collaboration with the
behavioral health treatment team in the provision of medication
education, support, and adherence, the monitoring and treatment of
participants utilizing Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) services
for those with Opiate Use Disorder (OUD) and other Substance Use
Disorders, and coordinates care for the participant with the
residential behavioral health team, the addiction medicine team,
primary care, and other internal and external healthcare resources
for the participant.Assists the addiction team's provider in the
education, counseling and treatment with MAT under standing orders,
provides health education around Substance Use Disorders and
treatment, coaches and guides participants during the treatment
process with medication assisted treatments. Works with behavioral
health staff in ensuring access and performs triage for
participants seeking treatment for OUD and other substance use
disorders. Collaborates with the healthcare team in any quality
assurance or quality improvement in the provision of substance use
disorder treatment. Works along with healthcare team in the
integrative process of Substance Use Disorder treatment, Mental
Health, primary care, and other healthcare services. Collaborates
with the Health and Wellness team in medication storage, disposal,
and control in the residential setting as well as providing
participant health education.Key ResponsibilitiesLeadership
- Provides clinical leadership for participant health education,
participant medication support, and within the quality improvement
infrastructure of the residential program.
- Participates in matters related to performance and quality
improvement, planning, protocols and goal setting.
- Comfortable in changing systems, champions change, and leads
process change.Organizational Responsibilities:
- Properly and consistently documents required information
accurately on Clinic records and reports in the electronic clinical
- Keeps up to date with operational and procedural
- In conjunction with Director of Addiction Medicine and/or
designee, assures organizational readiness for accreditation
surveys and ongoing monitoring and reporting of conformance to
quality within the program.
- Supports the interpretation of standards and processes to meet
best practice standards established in the program. Coordinates and
consults with the appropriate department heads within the agency to
facilitate integration between programs.
- Provides direct care coordination support for participants to
access all aspects of healthcare services.
- Serves on appropriate committees and work groups and other
related committees of agency.
- Attends staff meetings as team meetings as assigned.Nursing
- Manages medication storage, administration, and adherence for
- Monitors patient medication use and helps to mitigate risk to
patient by flagging high dose medications and potential medication
interactions to the Director of Addiction Medicine and/or
- Also support Medication Assisted Treatment through counseling,
education, and administration of injectable medications under the
supervision of the addiction provider and standing orders.
- Provides appropriate participant care education and
- Manages prescription refills under the guidance of the
addiction provider and standing orders.
- Provides complex care and care coordination for all
participants accessing healthcare services internal and external to
- Works closely with staff collecting and reporting contractual
data as necessary.
- Functions as a nurse within the scope of California BRN
licensure and credentialing and privileging of the agency.Education
and Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesEducation and Experience
- BA or equivalent degree.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Active California
- BLS Certification or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
- First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment.
- CPR Certified within 30 days of employment.
- A valid California driver's license and automobile
- 1-2 years or equivalent experience, interest in working with
underserved populations and in treating Opiate Use Disorder and
other Substance Use Disorders.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.Tag: IND100.
Keywords: HEALTHRIGHT 360, Escondido , Health and Wellness Registered Nurse - NCSH Residential, Healthcare , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!