Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process. As
a Kindred Speech Language Therapist, you'll focus on each unique
patient, assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice,
language, hearing and swallowing. Our supportive, collaborative
environment allows you to be at your best as you create a fun and
dynamic healing environment for you and your patients. Join us and
see all you can accomplish at an organization that embraces
kindness, stays focused on the patient, and promotes and rewards
both individual achievement and team success. Glassdoor Reviews and
Company Rating Success Profile What do you need to be a successful
Speech Language Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we're
- Results-driven I've been here several years, and I'm still
learning every single day. Also, there's nothing like someone being
able to hear their voice for the first time. - Jackie, SLP, Kindred
Chicago Central 0:48 We asked Chanta: Q How long have you been at
Kindred and what has kept you here? Employee Q&A A View of
Kindred We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO
plan options. 401(k) Plan Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars
through payroll deduction. Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is
important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off
program. Wellness Program We offer tools, resources and support for
weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall
healthier choices. Community Community involvement is consistent
with our company's principles and with our mission of customer
service and quality care. Professional Choice Account Free money is
set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and
uniforms. Benefits and Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable
compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract,
reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals.
Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going
above & beyond.
Speech Language Pathologist Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute
- Escondido, CA Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health--have
signed--a Joint Venture and will open--a new acute inpatient
rehabilitation hospital in Spring 2021. The two-story,
58,000-square-foot facility will feature 52 inpatient beds and is
located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido,
California. The new hospital will offer treatment services to a
variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and
stroke patients. This will be San Diego County's first standalone
rehabilitation hospital. Our culture of caring for our patients and
residents begin with our core values - our employees. We are
committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare
teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse
workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key
to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every
day! As a Speech and Language Pathologist you will: Assumes
responsibility and accountability for a designated group of
patients and provides speech and language therapy evaluations,
modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital
and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest
degree of quality patient care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Job Specific:
- Performs patient assessment.
- Establish a plan of care.
- Provides care in accordance with physician's orders and
established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment
to achieve goals.
- Plans for patient discharge. Communicates with patient, family,
caregivers, significant other, and members of the healthcare team
to achieve rehabilitation goals and promote maximum benefits of
- Participates in performance improvement and program development
- Provides input into the budgetary planning process;
contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs
provided by the department.
- Assess educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or
significant other and provides education to meet those needs.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements
appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved
- Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating,
organizing, and educating coworkers and staff. Coordinates and
supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students,
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement
processes for the department and the institution.
- Other duties as assigned. Company Specific:
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears
appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements.
Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee
information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies
regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients,
physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with
whom they may come in contact.
- Participates and contributes to performance improvement
initiatives within the hospital and department
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety,
Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA
privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient
confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues
and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with
standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy
and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
- Takes responsibility for being accountable, doing what is
expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, and gets
- Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through
reliable, timely performance and accountability.
- A Bachelor's and Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology,
Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders, or similarly
titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American
- Possess or eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence
from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be
eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow (CFY).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in state.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card. Get the latest job
openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your
inbox. Connect with Our Recruiters Share some preliminary info
about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Escondido , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!