Speech Language Pathologist, SLP
Company: Therapy Specialists
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Currently seeking a Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist for a
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Escondido, CA! Flexible
schedule! Therapy Specialists is seeking an experienced Speech
Language Pathologist to work Per Diem at a beautiful Continuing
Care Retirement Community in Escondido, CA. Redwood Terrace is a
senior living community that provides a caring environment for
Skilled Nursing, Assisted & Independent Living, and campus-based
Outpatient Services. We are looking for a SLP-CCC with flexible
availability to work across the continuum of care with patients and
residents at the campus. This is a wonderful opportunity to work
with multi-disciplinary rehab teams that are passionate about
helping patients achieve their goals and return to life's
activities that are most meaningful to them. Position
- An active Speech Language Pathologist License (SLP) in
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Skilled Nursing or Senior Living
experience is preferred.--
- Ability to float from Skilled Nursing to provide outpatient and
in-home services to residents on campus in assisted and independent
- Understanding and use of a wide variety of assessment tools
such as SLUMS, MASA, MOCA, and RIPA.
- Casamba EMR experience is preferred.
- PDPM knowledge and experience working with Medicare Part B
patients is preferred. Position Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Screening, evaluating, and providing treatment in skilled
nursing, outpatient, and assisted & independent living in the
following areas: expressive and receptive aphasia,
cognitive-linguistic deficits, dysphasia, and dysarthria.
- Providing caregiver and family training, as needed.
- Effectively communicating with other disciplines, nursing,
physicians, and families.
- Completing thorough documentation and managing paperwork
efficiently with independence.
- Providing excellent customer service and patient care. Why
Therapy Specialists? Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a
nationally respected pioneer in rehab services and recipient of the
2018 OTAC Lifetime Achievement Award, Therapy Specialists is San
Diego's largest independent therapy provider - providing
comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting services to
skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living
communities, memory care facilities, adult day health, and
outpatient settings throughout California. We deliver our
associates a culture of collaboration, support, opportunity and
recognition, so they can reach their potential and deliver the best
possible care to our patients and partners. We are looking for a
professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Speech Language Pathologist
who is interested in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team
of therapists and providing outstanding patient care.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 401(k) plan
- 5-Time Award Recipient of "Best Places to Work"
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts
in going 'above and beyond'
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's
healthcare challenges Therapy Specialists supports and values the
uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where
diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.-- Apply Now with
our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your
full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number
Number Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Therapy Specialists, Escondido , Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, Healthcare , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!