Assistant Sales Manager - Closer NE
Company: Hyatt Residence Club
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.JOB
Assists the Sales Manager with the operation of the sales gallery,
which includes scheduling Sales Executives in order to meet
customer flow, reviewing weekly reports and disseminating this
information to the sales team, and being available to assist sales
executives with closing sales. Helps generate new business and
attracts potential owners by reviewing the current book of business
and coordinating with the marketing department. As directed by the
Sales Manager, provides necessary resources, coaching and training
on sales techniques to the sales staff. Works with Sales Manager to
resolve conflicts and manage team performance. Helps monitor the
guest experience and proactively responds to customer concerns.--
Assists the Sales Manager with other duties as
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; minimum 2 years experience in a
similar position.Required Qualifications
- Proficiency in English (additional language required for
- Incumbent is required to maintain an active and in-good
standing professional Real Estate License where mandated by
law.Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Begin work early in the morning (e.g., 7:15am)
- Work at night (occasionally)
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by
- Be reachable during off-hoursJOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Building Customer Base
- As directed by Sales Manager, work with marketing and
management team to develop strategies for increasing qualified
traffic for sales presentations.
- Support development of self-generated business by working
existing customer base and local community.
- Help Sales Manager evaluate and analyze the book of business
for site/sales team to generate more sales, referrals, track
- Assist Sales Manager in creating and monitoring the process to
assign Sales Executives to prospective owners/members.Managing the
- Close sales as appropriate; be the second face for the
- Aid the Sales Manager in managing the sales floor to ensure
guest tour flow is efficient and conducive to sales presentation
discussions and purchase deliberations
- Provide information to, and answer questions from, guests
regarding specific topics related to vacation ownership, seasonal
travel and financing options.
- Review and approve documentation for a sale.
- Close deals with the signing of paperwork and notarizing
- Handle any overflow from tour waves.
- Support the presentation and ratification of contracts to new
- Greet guests and make initial introductions to front desk
and/or Sales Executives.
- As directed by Sales Manager, make sure all necessary materials
are provided for sales executives so they can effectively perform
their daily activities (e.g., brochures, vacation planners, and
computers).General Business Management
- Encourage and support the establishment of a positive work
environment that recognizes both individual and team
accomplishments, and provides a safe haven for open and honest
- Assist Sales Manager in managing the Guest Experience and the
integrity of the brand name by making sure that all associates
represent the company in an ethical, moral and professional manner
at all times.
- Conduct and/or participate in regular sales management meetings
to review both the week and period performance and make action
plans to ensure peak performance.
- Mediate, counsel, and resolve in a timely manner any issues
with or between subordinates and with colleagues.
- As directed by Sales Manager, schedule Sales Team to ensure
adequate coverage of sales tours based on anticipated guest
- Conduct and/or contribute to material for Daily Huddles/Line
- As directed by Sales Manager, monitor weekly and period-to-date
reports (e.g., volume-per-guest [VPG], Net Sales, Customer
Satisfaction, Sales Executives hot lead reports, channel reports,
and Profit and Loss reports [P&Ls]), and provide effective
motivational messages to sales team based on performance.
- Assist Sales Manager in managing the Daily Sales Executive Tour
Rotation to ensure that it is accurate.
- Assist Sales Manager in supervising the daily operational
aspects of the Sales Gallery Floor/Sales Center.
- Determine when issue escalation is required.
- Assist Sales Manager in Developing, maintaining and enhancing
the 'Culture of Excellence' in all facets of the Sales
- Interview new candidates for Sales Executive
positions.Providing Services to Others
- Respond to customer questions, complaints, and/or
- Communicate with customers when escalated issues arise.
- Respond to cancellations with call back to customer.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Contracts to relay
important information or issues down to the sales line.
- Assist Sales Manager develop plans to proactively deal with and
mitigate common customer problems/complaints.Managing and Coaching
the Sales Force
- At direction of Sales Manager, provide real-time coaching and
consultation regarding approach to closing sales (e.g., provision
of a specific business case, offering an Encore opportunity).
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor during selling sessions
to serve as a resource for Sales Executive on an as needed
- Build team camaraderie and Sales Executive confidence to
achieve sales goals.
- At direction of Sales Manager, conduct Performance Reviews with
Sales Executives to review sales goals, progress against goals, and
actions required to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- Assist Sales Manager in managing the on-boarding of new Sales
Executives and ensuring proficiency in the sales process before a
Sales Executive is put on the rotation.
- At direction of Sales Manager, conduct one on one coaching
meetings with individual Sales Executives to develop proficiency in
sales approach, execution of process (i.e., discovery, intent,
close), ability to close, cope with and respond to rejection,
- Deliver training to sales workforce.
- Assist Sales Manager in addressing issues related to employee
concerns (e.g., work-place conflict, performance issues).
- Prepare Sales Executives with multiple strategies for
overcoming a broad range of sales objections.
- At direction of Sales Manager, develop, conduct and supervise
regular group training for Sales Executives to refresh on specific
aspects of the sales presentation process as well as to develop
Sales Executives in other personal/professional areas.
- Help Sales Manager facilitate regular training and feedback
sessions with new hires.
- Supervise and monitor sales presentations to ensure effective
conformity with standards in terms of content and collateral.
- Accompany Sales Executives on ride-alongs as a means of
identifying areas to provide feedback on performance.
- Diagnose issues with under-performing Sales Executives.
- Support the hiring process by participating in recruiting
- Interpret and coach Sales Executives based on results of
feedback received through formal (e.g., surveys) and informal
(e.g., customer conversations) channels.
- Monitor and provide coaching on Sales Executive customer
communication skills (e.g., phone behavior and emailing).Other
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulation around all
sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State
registrations, Exemptions, etc).
- Perform other duties as assigned.COMPETENCIES, BASIC SKILLS,
and PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or
when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a
convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that
convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good
first impression and representing the organization in alignment
with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and
understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and
comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions,
develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems,
and choose a course of action
- Building and Contributing to Teams
- Driving for Results - Planning and supporting the development
of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill
current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathering information and resources
required to set a plan of action for self and/or others;
prioritizing and arranging work requirements to accomplish goals
and ensure work is completed.
- Building Relationships
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that
builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of
organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining
relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse
styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives;
leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and
promoting a work environment where all associates are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Generating Organizational Talent and Capability
- Organizational Capability - Understanding and leveraging
associate talent and capabilities to meet work needs; supporting
the attraction, selection, and/or retention of associates in order
to achieve department and business objectives. Diagnoses capability
needs; recruits and evaluates potential employees; emphasizes
retention; champions talent management.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help
individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to
accomplish work objectives.
- Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeking out and making the most of learning
opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
Actively seeks and participates in learning activities; gains
knowledge, understanding, and skill; applies knowledge or skill;
welcomes performance feedback.
- Business Acumen - Understanding and utilizing business
information (e.g., Associate, Guest/Customer Satisfaction,
Financial Performance) to manage everyday operations and generate
innovative solutions to approach business and administrative
- Basic Competencies
- Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and
software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi,
Point of Sale, HR technology).
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Functional Job Family Competencies
- Sales Coaching - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and
feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts
including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling
products or services as well as marketing strategies and
- Sales and Marketing and Operations - Ability to understand the
business needs and basic concepts of Sales and Marketing and Resort
Operations in order to build a positive and collaborative working
relationship. Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an
Keywords: Hyatt Residence Club, Escondido , Assistant Sales Manager - Closer NE, Executive , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...