Vice President of Sales
Company: ONE STOP SYSTEMS, INC.
Posted on: March 7, 2023
Use Website In a Screen-Reader Mode Skip to Content ---
- Cart Vice President of Sales Prospective Position Specification
- Title: Vice President of Sales
- Company: One Stop Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSS)
- Location: Escondido/San Diego, CACompany Overview:One Stop
Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSS) is a San Diego-based publicly traded
technology company and global leader in AI Transportable solutions
for the demanding 'edge.' AI Transportables include anything that
moves (land vehicle, aircraft, ship, etc.) and deploys AI and/or
Autonomous capabilities. OSS designs and manufactures the highest
performance compute and storage products that enable these rugged
AI and autonomous mobile capabilities without compromise. These
hardware and software platforms bring the latest data center
performance and technology to the harsh and challenging
applications, whether they are on land, sea or in the air.OSS
products include ruggedized servers, compute accelerators, flash
storage arrays, and storage acceleration software. These
specialized compact products are used across multiple industries
and applications, including autonomous trucking and farming, as
well as aircraft, drones, ships, and vehicles within the defense
industry. The defense industry is the priority, based on the size
of the opportunity and our value proposition.The company has annual
sales in excess of $70 million, is profitable, cash flow positive,
enjoys a solid cash position without domestic debt and has grown
about 20% per year with expectations of 30-40% annual growth a few
years out with its current pipeline and strategy. The AI
Transportable market has significant tail wins being driven by the
high priority within the DOD to add AI and/or Autonomous
capabilities throughout the military theater as well as strong
economic pulls within the commercial segment. The market
opportunity for OSS types of products is expected to be over $2
billion in size a number of years out. OSS markets its products
directly, through sales reps, resellers, and other distribution
channels throughout the world.Reporting Relationships:The VP of
Sales reports to the Chief Executive Officer.Position Summary and
Key Responsibilities:As a member of the senior management team at
OSS, the VP of Sales has the overall responsibility to increase
revenue driving shareholder value. The VP of Sales will oversee all
worldwide OSS product sales activity and personnel. As such, this
individual will perform the following:
- Lead and execute sales strategy resulting in long-term growth
and high return on investment.
- Develop current and future customer engagements leveraging OSS'
strengths and skills.
- Drive a leadership position in target AI Transportable vertical
markets with high visibility program wins.
- Build upon the sales, FAE and support organization with top
talent and capabilities. Hunters.
- Execute to and maintain a rolling four-quarter judged forecast
by customer and program.
- Maintain program pipeline database with projections out 4
- Key member of Tiger Team for strategic direction.
- Leads by example, hands on, promoting a healthy, fair, and
non-discriminatory corporate culture.Requirements:The -specific
areas of expertise and personal characteristics for the VP of Sales
candidate include the following:
- The VP of Sales is to be a technically astute executive with
previous successful experience as a VP of Sales or similar, who
built businesses in the defense and technology (hardware)
- The VP of Sales will have experience selling to commercial,
military, and related government entities.
- Experience navigating decision makers, bureaucracy and
processes, plus solid connections and relationships in Washington,
the DOD, and the major primes.
- The VP will have experience in negotiating multi-year contracts
for both commercial and government applications.
- The successful candidate will likely have a minimum of 10
years' experience with proven hands-on leadership in sales to the
Defense market. Must have knowledge of direct and indirect sales
channels for Military, Defense Contractors, and DoD
- The successful candidate will have a thorough and working
knowledge of compute and storage hardware and understanding of the
- The successful candidate will have a general knowledge of the
industry leaders and companies.
- Experience in a minimum $50M - $300M revenue sales leadership
role, leading sales organizations through times of dramatic growth,
transformation, acquisitions/divestitures, business model
development and Go-to-Market strategies.
- The successful candidate will have experience in managing
department financials, KPIs and personnel metrics.
- Experience leading customer service, field application
engineering and support organization as well as developing and
implementing support plans.
- Experience working with a leadership team to develop and
execute strategies and key initiatives.
- Experience working and communicating daily with a technical
product marketing team on product ideas, deal size, pricing,
margin, competition, and strategic business development.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management of the EMEA
region to duplicate US sales successes among European sales
- Knowledge of broad set of applications, suppliers, and key
growth trends in the Defense and Transportation markets.
- Experience developing a leadership position in a target
- Forward-thinking, goal-oriented: the VP of Sales should be
proactive rather than reactive, driving sales in support of the
company vision and strategy.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the senior
management team, Board of Directors, customers at the senior level,
potential strategic partners, employees, and key players within the
- Ability to fit within, but also enhance, the OSS culture as we
scale and grow while demonstrating proficiency in supervising and
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Proficient at Salesforce.com, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Highly credible, ethical, and hardworking. Team Player. Sets
the example for the sales team.Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation and benefits aligned with market rates and
commensurate with experience and past success including base salary
ranging from $225,000 to $250,000, variable pay based on
performance as well as a solid equity position.Office/Residence:
- The VP of Sales is expected to maintain an office in the OSS
Escondido, California headquarters, and is expected to live in San
Diego County.What Will Put You Ahead:
- Served our country in the armed forces
- Technical and MBA degree
- Public company experience
- Successful experience as a prime for DOD
- Successful experience with a multi-national organization and
- Successful transition from a mostly hardware company to more of
a system platform provider at higher margins and greater barriers
of entryExpected Travel:
- 40-50% travel to customer visits; subordinate, rep and channel
training; and trade showsTo apply, please contact HR - here . Sign
up for our NewsletterGet the latest news, product releases,
upcoming events, blog posts and more! OSS Policies
- Quality Policy
- Conflict Minerals Policy
- AS9100 Certification
- Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Purchasing Terms & Conditions
- Supplier Quality Clauses
- Sales & Shipping Policy
- Customer Credit Policy
- Wire Transfer Policy
- COVID-19 Statement
- Personal Information Opt-Out
- Channel Sanction Notice OSS Newsletters
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022 Social Home -- Products -- Solutions -- -Support
-- Company -- -News -- -Investors
Toll Free: +1 (877) 438-2724 Local: +1 (760) 745-9883 Email:
- 2022 One Stop Systems, Inc. One Stop Systems is an ISO 9001:2015
+ AS9100D Certified Company. All specifications are subject to
change at any time. Ion Accelerator is a registered trademark used
under license by One Stop Systems. EEO is the Law - Pay
Accommodation upon request by emailing HR at
For screen-reader mode - click the first button of the website
Keywords: ONE STOP SYSTEMS, INC., Escondido , Vice President of Sales, Executive , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...