Chief Nursing Officer
Company: Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Chief Nursing Officer Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - San
Diego, CA Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute is a
state-of-the-art, 52-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital
dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have
experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or
illness.Opened in 2021, the hospital is a Joint Venture between
Palomar Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred). Our
rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized
treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer
customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs
of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological
conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic
injury. Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute strives to maximize
the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through
comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs. JOB
SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates functions and activities of
nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments.
Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general
operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical
department's goals, objectives, and standards of performance,
policies and procedures. Organizes nursing and clinical departments
according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures
compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards.
Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and
implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical
operations and financial matters related to all nursing and
clinical care areas and functions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Job
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of
patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and
reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing
department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages
costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per
patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with
education/in-service requirements/orientation and
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information
to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice;
encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for
qualified registered nurses.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Masters degree preferred and/or BSN with plan to complete a
master's degree program in healthcare administration, business
administration, or clinical specialty
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare
administration/management with a minimum of two years' experience
at a senior nursing management level
- Minimum of five years' experience in hospital management in an
inpatient, acute care environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute, Escondido , Chief Nursing Officer, Executive , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!