Director, PACE Program
Company: Neighborhood Healthcare
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Community health is about more than just vaccines and checkups.
It's about giving people the resources they need to live their best
lives. At Neighborhood, this is our vision. A community where
everyone is healthy and happy. We're with you every step of the
way, with the care you need for each of life's chapters. At
Neighborhood, we are Better Together.
As a private, non-profit 501(C) (3) community health organization,
we serve over 350k medical, dental, and behavioral health visits
from more than 77k people annually. We do this in pursuit of our
mission to improve the health and happiness of the communities we
serve by providing quality care to all, regardless of situation or
We have been doing this since 1969 and it is our employees that
make this mission a reality. Regardless of the role, our team
focuses on being compassionate, having integrity, being
professional, always collaborating, and consistently going above
and beyond. If that sounds like an organization you want to be a
part of, we would love to have you
The PACE Program Director is responsible for all aspects of
Neighborhood Healthcare's Program for All Inclusive Care for the
Elderly (PACE). This includes the planning, organizing,
development, operations and compliance of all PACE services.
Responsible for the administrative, professional, clinical,
financial and other programmatic aspects of the organization to
ensure safe, effective and efficient programs that supports the
respect and independence of PACE participants.
* Influences and guides the vision of the organization.
* Keeps up to date on national and local trends impacting care
delivery for older adults
* In conjunction with Executive leadership, develops and implements
strategic business plans for the growth of Neighborhood Healthcare
* Ensures the continued collaborative relationship between NHC, the
parent organization, for the benefit of Neighborhood Healthcare
* Participates in the decision-making process for the PACE
ADMINISTRATIVE OVERSIGHT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
* Consistent with direction from the Compliance and Quality Team,
coordinates the governance of Neighborhood Healthcare PACE to
ensure that issues are brought to the attention of the Board
appropriately and the Board is kept informed on the key performance
aspects of the entity.
* Ensures that the legal records and documents are appropriately
created and maintained.
* Serves as liaison with state and federal regulatory agencies to
negotiate as needed and represent the interests of Neighborhood
* Ensures the accurate and timely management of the financial
operations of Neighborhood Healthcare PACE.
* Ensures the development and management of data systems.
POLICY AND QUALITY PROGRAM FOR COMPLIANCE AND PERFORMANCE
* Working closely with the Compliance Team, keeps current on the
changes in regulation and policy impacting Neighborhood Healthcare
* Ensures that management staff and appropriate key personnel are
aware of changes that impact operations and policy.
* With assistance from the Compliance Team, develops and approves
policies that meet applicable regulatory agency requirements and
ensures adherence to policies and regulations.
EFFECTIVENESS OF THE PACE TEAM
* Directs the day-to-day operations of the services and business
operations of Neighborhood Healthcare PACE
* Directs the marketing and outreach activities of Neighborhood
Healthcare PACE to meet enrollment goals within the limitations of
* Ensures the development and implementation of effective personnel
practices including hiring, training, competency assessment,
performance appraisal and team building.
* Provides leadership in the development of creative and flexible
solutions in the management of care.
* Working closely with the NHC PACE finance team, ensures the
timely and appropriate submission of rate proposals and financial
reports to the California Department of Health Services and CMS
* Monitors and ensures monitoring of service and administrative
costs for maximum value and operating results.
* Oversees the negotiation of network provider contracts with
contracted community health and medical services entities.
* Develops and approves annual budgets and monitors results.
* Ensures the appropriateness of provider network development.
* Ensures management team accountability for supervision of staff
regarding staffing ratios, competency evaluation, and training.
* Ensures that all management staff are facilitating efforts to
maximize performance and focus on continual performance
* Respond promptly and with caring actions to participants and
employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural
beliefs and honor these beliefs.
* Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients, and the public.
* Assume the key leadership role of the management team, both
locally and organization-wide and cooperate in accomplishing
department and organizational goals and objectives.
* Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
* Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
* Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free
* Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and
* Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne
* Maintain privacy of all patient, employee, and sub-contractor
information and access such information only on a need-to-know
basis for business purposes.
* Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report all behaviors and/or activities that
are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
* Track record of progressively responsible leadership experience
in health care with managed care and geriatric service delivery
* Prior direct care experience with seniors is preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities to facilitate
effective and efficient operations and support effective
relationships with external agencies and organizations to ensure
* Highly effective communicator in writing and presentation.
Master's degree in health administration preferred but not
Keywords: Neighborhood Healthcare, Escondido , Director, PACE Program, Executive , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!