Company: Eleven Western Builders, Inc.
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Join us and be a part of our collaborative company culture,
providing innovative, quality-built construction projects as a
leading commercial general contractor throughout California and the
western United States. We are looking for a Project Accountant who
will support our construction team and CFO with precision and
thoroughness, ensuring tasks are completed on schedule, focusing on
teamwork and collaboration. Keep reading IF:YOU ARE SELF DRIVEN AND
PROACTIVE. You can take full ownership of assigned tasks and
projects. You can work autonomously with a high degree of
follow-through to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. YOU ARE
ORGANIZED AND DETAIL ORIENTED. You enjoy coordinating, gathering
information, and assisting the team in maintaining an efficient
department. YOU ARE A TEAM PLAYER, MULTI-TASKER, AND HIGHLY
ORGANIZED. You can effectively juggle multiple assignments
simultaneously, be pulled in multiple directions, and prioritize
matters as they arise.ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:In the first 30
days and ongoing:
- Learn Eleven Western Builders services, processes and
procedures, and business lines & responsibilities.
- Become familiar with the vendors and processes needed to
support our project teams and company.
- Learn how to navigate project management system and operate
- Already has the ability to navigate within Sage 300
- Build positive working relationships with the CFO, Project
Managers, Contract Administrators, Accounting Team, Project
Engineers, and Leadership. By the 90-day mark and ongoing:
- Confidently setting up job binders, job file folders, and site
contacts and contract information for new projects
- Review subcontractor monthly invoices for proper completion
percentages with the Project Manager and compile billing to the
- Create and submit monthly billing forms and reimbursement
invoices to clients. Follow up regarding payment status as
- Manage change orders within the accounting software
- Process general condition invoices
- Verify that executed contracts, insurance certificates, city
licenses, and supplier releases have been provided prior to
releasing monthly payments to subcontractors.
- Issue accounts payable and joint checks to subcontractors and
their suppliers monthly
- Track preliminary notices and obtain proper releases Within the
6th to 9th-month mark and ongoing:
- Fully understand the accounting department's processes and
- Provide support and coordination between project managers and
other project team members.
- Learn to support multiple clients, including their specific web
portals and contract requirements.
- Manage tasks and projects independently. By the 12th month mark
- Is a fully integrated member of the team, consistently and
proactively managing multiple responsibilities and tasks from start
to finish independently.
- Meet and exceed deadlines without sacrificing quality and
- Exhibit a positive attitude and drive when working on all
projects, simple or complex. EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of construction accounting experience
- Proficient with computer skills working with various office
equipment, computers, and various programs, including MS Word,
Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Sage 300.
- Ability to learn Procore.
- General knowledge of construction processes.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally.
- Confident and professional demeanor both in person, on the
phone, and in written communication.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and experienceWHO WE ARE:Since
1983, Eleven Western Builders, Inc. has been a leading retail
general contractor, delivering innovative, quality-built
construction projects to a diverse group of clients. We approach
every project with a goal of total satisfaction for our clients,
ourselves, and to all members of the project team, ready to conquer
any obstacle that may arise.At Eleven Western Builders, we keep our
promise to build the best projects, by providing our clients with
top-level management and the highest quality fieldwork, on projects
throughout California and the western United States. We love this
work, we were built to do it, and we are ready to earn our client's
trust! BENEFITS:Competitive Wages, Annual Performance-Based
Bonuses, Health Benefits Package, 401k, Paid Holidays, Vacation &
Sick Time.Powered by JazzHRPI175593375
Keywords: Eleven Western Builders, Inc., Escondido , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Escondido, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!